2023 continues to be an exciting year for our school as we continue to embark on our Travel Plan Journey.
It is our aim to support all members of the school community to travel safely to and from school, to raise awareness of alternative methods of travel and to try and reduce the number of cars in the area.
The Cycle Shelter and Scooter Pod remain filled with bikes and scooters as the staff and children embrace active travel.
What we are doing:
- Encouraging and supporting our students to undertake more active travel to and from school.
- Increasing student’s physical fitness.
- Raising awareness of sustainable travel through lessons and assemblies.
- Working towards further accreditation with Modeshift Stars the centre of excellence on delivery of effective travel plans.
- Set up a School Travel Team made up of children in our school council.
What we have done:
- Activities and assemblies supporting active travel and road safety.
- Bikeability Level 2 training.
- Sustrans Big Walk and Wheel.
- Living Streets Travel Tracker for the second year running
- Bikers breakfasts encompassing an early morning cycle around the local lake.
- Scooter and skateboard training from Team Rubicon.
- Received accreditation for Silver Travel Plan.
Please see the links below for more information about Modeshift Stars, travel advice and information.