The school has continued its travel journey into 2023 and have a number of exciting initiatives for the children throughout Spring and Summer terms
Our aim continues to be supporting all members of the school community to travel safely to and from school and to raise awareness of alternative methods of travel to try and reduce the number of cars in the area.
The newly erected Cycle Shelter and Scooter Pod in 2022 continues to be filled with bikes and scooters.
What we are doing:
- Encouraging and supporting our students to undertake more active travel to and from school.
- Increasing student’s physical fitness.
- Raising awareness of sustainable travel through lessons and assemblies.
- Working towards further accreditation with Modeshift Stars.
- Setting up a School Travel Team made up of children across the school.
What we have done:
- Activities and assemblies supporting active travel and road safety.
- Bikeability Level 2 training.
- Sustrans Big Walk and Wheel.
- Living Streets Travel Tracker for the second year running
- Big Bike Breakfast and cycle round the local lake.
- Achieved Bronze Accreditation with Modeshift Stars the centre of excellence on delivery of effective travel plans.
Please see the links below for more information on Modeshift Stars , travel advice and information