So far 2022 has been an exciting year for our school as we embark on our Travel Plan Journey.
It is our aim to support all members of the school community to travel safely to and from school, to raise awareness of alternative methods of travel and to try and reduce the number of cars in the area.
We are extremely proud of our new Cycle Shelter and Scooter Pod and hope to see them filled with bikes and scooters over the coming school year.
What we are doing:
- Supporting to the local authority with the school street closure at the start and end of each school day.
- Encouraging and supporting our students to undertake more active travel to and from school.
- Increasing student’s physical fitness.
- Raising awareness of sustainable travel through lessons and assemblies.
- Working towards accreditation with Modeshift Stars the centre of excellence on delivery of effective travel plans.
- Setting up a School Travel Team made up of children across the school.
What we have done:
- Activities and assemblies supporting active travel and road safety.
- Bikeability Level 2 training.
- Sustrans Big Walk and Wheel.
- Living Streets Travel Tracker where we are currently topping the leaderboard.
- Installed a Cycle Shelter for 20 bikes and Scooter Pod for 20 scooters.
- On our way to putting forward accreditation for Bronze Travel Plan.
Please see the links below for more information on Modeshift Stars , travel advice and information