Cold Harbour C of E School Uniform
It is our school policy that all children wear school uniform when attending school or when participating in school organised events outside normal school hours and we ask that children take pride in their personal appearance by wearing our uniform correctly.
Our uniform reflects the school’s value’s and it is one of the ways in which we identify ourselves as a school community.
Our school has a duty to make sure that the uniform we require is affordable, in line with statutory guidance from the Department for Education on the cost of school uniform.
We understand that items with distinctive characteristics (such as branded items, or items that have to have a school logo or a unique fabric/colour/design) cannot be purchased from a wide range of retailers and that requiring many such items limits parents’ ability to ‘shop around’ for a low price and we will make sure that our uniform is;
- Available at a reasonable cost
- Provides the best value for money for parents/carers
All children have equal access to wearing school uniform regardless of culture, race, religion, gender, disability or ability. We ensure that the set uniform respects other policies such as equality, race relations and sex discrimination. Minor adjustments to the standard uniform are accepted for religious reasons and these should be discussed in the first instance with the Head teacher.
Expectations for school uniform
- Green sweatshirt, cardigan or jumper (branded desirable)
- Optional – Fleece jackets (branded desirable)
- Black or grey trousers, dress or skirt
- White or gold shirt, blouse or polo shirt
- Sensible black shoes
- Optional green or yellow gingham dress Summer term
- Optional grey or black shorts Summer term
- White, black or grey socks and tights
- Green sweatshirt (can be branded or unbranded)
- Black or green tracksuit bottoms (can be branded or unbranded)
- Gold round next T shirt (can be branded or unbranded)
- Green or black shorts
- Black trainers or plimsols
All items of clothing must be named and kept in a draw string PE bag which can be obtained from one of our uniform suppliers – Kedaph Schoolwear.
During the Winter months a change of outdoor footwear is needed if children would like to continue to play on the field ( football or lunchtime sports)
Jewellery / Hair Expectations
- Only a small wristwatch, stud earrings or religious jewellery is allowed.
- Children must not wear nail varnish or transfer tattoos
- Mohican haircuts or those which incorporate logos or designs are not allowed
- Long hair should be tied back at all times
Where to purchase our school uniform.
All of our school uniform with the exception of Green sweatshirt, cardigan, jumper and fleece can be purchased from all high street retailers if desired, there is no expectation that the children must have all branded items.
If you wish to purchase our branded uniform items they can be purchased from the following local retailer that we have sourced to be the best price locally:
Kedaph Schoolwear Ltd, Unit A Lennox Road, Bletchley, Milton Keynes, MK2 2HH.
Tel: 01908 417142
Email: [email protected]
Purchasing Second Hand Uniform
We do have a Pre Loved Uniform stock so If you would like to enquire about purchasing good quality second hand uniform please contact the school office who will be able to give you more information about stock and cost.